Saturday, September 12, 2015

Working on Canvas Designs with HTML5 - Creating Kenny McCormick

Working with html5 canvas in class got me working on some ideas for designs. One of the biggest ones was creating Kenny McCormick from South Park. This idea sparked when we started to use arcs in class. Code was implemented so that there was a "circle" (two arcs put together) inside a "circle". This sparked the idea for Kenny. 


After the idea sparked, I got to work and created Kenny!


Total Elapsed Time: Around 2 Days


Things I found hard about this design: OVALS!!!!! It seems so much easier than they actually are. Getting one oval is easy, but replicating that oval to the other side was a little difficult. The key factor in this is not any methods such as rotate or mirror (although I am sure that they work, I just don't know how to the full extent), but the scale method. This simple method allowed me to basically scale each oval and flip it over an axis from one point to another virtually flipping the oval.

Think of it like this

















No comments:

Post a Comment