Wednesday, October 14, 2015

Business Card/Logo Design Project: 5 Cards, 5 Professions

I thought this project was a lot of fun. When I was creating some of these cards, I thought to myself, "Wow, I could really use this one day" and I think that tells me that the logos and business cards work for me.

1. Sportsfan1100 Tutorials
So again, Sportsfan1100 is my YouTube account that I actually make money off of for the tutorials that I make regarding Graphics and Web. I wanted the front to be a very simple version of the logo with a more emphasis on the "1" that is shown in between the "S" and the "F". Like we talked in class with the FedEx logo, once it is evident, our mind can't get rid of it. Once I point this 1 out to people, it will immediately leave an effect on them. They will remember that this guy or this account is number one. The Back of the card is an explanation and I actually put the meaning behind what I am number 1 in and that is tutorials.  This one turned out alright now looking back at it.

2. Taylorstutorials.com
 Taylorstutorials.com like I said before is an actual website that was created by me only a few days ago. Its goal is to create a widespread coverage of tech tutorials mainly focusing on Graphics, Web, and Video Editing tutorials. It features only three channels as of right now, however, I hope to make it grow even larger. The front business card if you can't tell already are two T's, one normal and one upside down. It creates a window which represents a window of opportunity which I think is a great motivation for this website. The back of the business card, again has a little more explanation. The logo used on the back is actually the one that I will be using on my website and it is also currently being used on my forum.

3. Taylor's Tech Support
Taylor's Tech support was an idea that I had since this is a possible alternative for a job that I could go into. I love helping the technology impaired and this could be a great start. The front of this business card is very simple. The computer is actually supposed to be a T as well as a computer representing Taylor. The back of the business card is the same logo just bigger with the possible things that this company would fix such as computer bugs, viruses, and help in cybersecurity. I think this was a pretty good turn out especially on the front. The front could definitely be used on the website of this business.

4. Taylor's Swimming Lessons
I have been swimming almost all of my life. I have become pretty advanced at the sport and love to teach what I have learned to others. Taylor's Swimming Lessons is something that I could definitely use as a business. If I were ever to give lessons in the sport, I would definitely give this business card to people. It is simple and gets to the point. The front of the business card is very basic and I think that's what makes it stand out. You know what it is the instant you see it. The arm actually forms a T which was my goal. The back of the business card is also very similar and features the levels of lessons in a nice and easy water brush path. I think this one turned out really well.

5. EZ College Life
So this actually started out as EZ Graphics. A business where we would create logos and graphics for people. But because that shouldn't be done in the first place and that it wouldn't really be a success, I decided to change it. The idea for changing the business name actually sparked when I was drawing EZ on paper. If you look closely you can see a house in between the E and the Z. I decided to turn this into something else. That is where EZ College life came into play. Since being here at UT I have definitely been a little homesick. When my family came down for parents weekend, I didn't want them to leave. This sparked the business idea where the business could create an atmosphere for the college customer that made them feel at home. They would redesign their dorm room according to the needs of the customer. The front of the business card is just the logo. Just like the Sportsfan1100 business card, I would definitely emphasize the house so they would always see it when they looked at the business card. The back of the business card just has the logo again and a slogan that fits the logo perfectly. "We make you feel at home" not only fits the business plan, but also emphasizes that house in the letters. This business card definitely surprised me in a very good way.

All Logos
 Sketches of the original images can be found here










No comments:

Post a Comment